Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keyboard Shortcut to get to the "Search all Tools" box

oliver_huber
7 - Meteor

Gday,

consulting the combined wisdom of the Alteryx swarm: Anyone aware of a "hidden" keyboard shortcut to easly set the mouse focus to the little box "search all tools" in the upper left corner? It is always breaking my "workflow" having to click into that field just in order to start typing.

The existing combo of CTRL+F is sort of useless for me as it only searches for tools already in use on the canvas.

Thanks,

Oli

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @oliver_huber,

I don't believe they have a hot key for that at this time.

Existing hot keys are listed here.

Also, a popular "New Idea" to allow customization of hotkeys has already been suggested right here: I encourage you to go there and Star the suggestion.

oliver_huber
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply, JohnJPS. I have voted for the customization idea. Personally, there are not so many shortcuts I actually missed. The one for jumping to the "seach all tools" box is number 1 on my list; another one: It would be great to have a shortcut available for once having a tool selected going to the next or the prior one by just using the keyboard. Currently, the arrow keys physically move a tool selected, however, having something available like SHFIT+Arrow_key to jump from one to another tool on the canvas would be nice as well ;)

Labels