Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep errored data flows from entering a union tool

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow in which I need to make 3 FTP file pulls using the download tool, then union the data from all 3 pulls together. Occasionally, one of the files does not exist, which means that data stream produces an error. When this happens, none of the data from the other 2 functioning data streams go through the union tool.

How can I ensure that data from all present files still goes through the union tool when one of the 3 download tools produces an error?

1 REPLY 1
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @kaianderson,

When there is a potential that some of the data will not exist, I like to use dummy data that I can filter out later. In this instance I would recommend having one simple bit of xml data that you union after your download tools. I would just make sure that this dummy data is identifiable and distinguishable from your actual data so that it will filter out nicely.

Capture.PNG

Best,

mmenth

Labels