Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep Leading zeroes in excel input

tinadee
6 - Meteoroid

tinadee_0-1587594323004.png

I am working on the above workflow and I am running into an issue with the join. I've narrowed this down to the data types. The data in the left join is v_string, while that in the right join is double. I tried changing the data type on the double to v_string but noticed within the input tool that the data is being brought in without the leading zeroes. Therefore, changing to v_string isn't helping since the input data is wrong. How can I get the data into the input tool with the leading zeroes?

Also, the data type in the excel is "Special" I've tried changing it to "text", "general" etc. but these changes within excel all remove the leading zeroes. Not sure why this is happening since the data type in the top inputs are all text in the .xlxs and the leading zeroes are not deleted when I input. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You could add leading zero's to the column missing zeros by using PadLeft function in the formula field before your join.

PadLeft([Field1],2,'0')
tinadee
6 - Meteoroid

I tried the padleft function and got the error message, "Wrong number of parameters for the function padleft". However, I converted the .xlsx file to .cvs and the field is now coming in with the leading zeros. Thanks for the response on this. 

Labels