Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep Filepath as a Field with Dynamic Input

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am using the Directory Tool to select ~50 files from a network folder. I then select the name of the file and the Creation Date of each file since I want to use this as a timestamp field. When I then extract all the records within each file, I do not see an option for me to bring the Creation Date through as it's own column. What am I missing?

Filepath.png

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

Dynamic input also has an option to output full path as output. That would be your best choice. Refere below highlighted config.

atcodedog05_0-1631795222676.png

Hope this helps : )

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @kristinaheuer 

You can accomplish your requirement by using a Find Replace tool after your Dynamic Input to append the CreationTime (or modified to Creation Date.

Workflow package with sample files attached.  Extract to C:\temp to demo

Capture2.PNG

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

@HomesickSurfer - your description makes perfect sense. I believe I followed your steps completely but the fields are not coming through. Can you take a look at my flow and let me know what I am missing?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

You need to first follow my solution of setting output full path config in dynamic input tool as step-1. Click on edit you will get the below window refer below.

atcodedog05_0-1631803344981.png

Once you do that you will be able to follow @HomesickSurfer solution as step-2 to map the data.

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kristinaheuer 

Happy to help : )

Just a gentle note you are allowed to mark more than one post as solution. Since mine and @HomesickSurfer both of our post helped in the usecase you can mark both of our post as solutions.

Cheers and have a nice day!

kristinaheuer
7 - Meteor

I totally missed that!!!! Thank you so much, both of you. 🙂

Labels