Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

KNN classifier

tutankamon
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a KNN classifier in Alteryx but I do not find the right tool. I expected that the tool K Nearest Neighbor would produce an output similar to the decision tree tool or any other predictive tool, but I do not find the way to use this tool in the proper way. Does anyone know how to use this tool as a classifier or if there is any other tool to do KNN classification? Thanks in advance!!

Pd: I attach the workflow I am working on.

1 REPLY 1
josethomas429
5 - Atom

I defer to someone from Alteryx support if I'm wrong on this, but I don't think the 'Find Nearest Neighbors' tool is intended to be the knn classifier.  It's in the 'Predictive Grouping' vs the 'Predictive' section.

The knn classifier can be accessed in the R package 'caret' with the function 'train' (method = "knn"),  So theoretically you could write R code and put in the R tool to get the knn classifier in your workflow.  I don't know if that would work with the Model Comparison tool.  I actually don't have that tool on my install. 

Labels