Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

K-Centroids Cluster Analysis - what cluster is each data point assigned to?

mst3k
11 - Bolide

I went through the interactive learning video and read a couple posts, and started tinkering with the K-Centroids Cluster Analysis tool.

The tool outputs the spatial info of the centroid of each cluster, and it even plots all your points in the plot output anchor, where I can see each point labeled with which cluster it belongs to. I want that information - see below where each point is assigned to each of the 3 clusters, I'd like to just have that cluster number as a column placed on my original location info. So the K-Cluster tool knows which cluster it assigned each point to, but I'm not finding any obvious way to tease that out of it. Is it just embedded in some of the coded output somewhere?

mst3k_0-1618364148662.png

1 REPLY 1
mst3k
11 - Bolide

uhh whoops! I didn't realize there's a tool for this already. I just stumbled into the Append Cluster tool which does exactly what I'm looking for. Nevermind!

Labels