Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining the data with specific feilds

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Merge.png

I have used Join tool (Join be Specific Fields) to merge the both the data from 2 different input and get the output as expected,

However my concern is where do i find the data in Input 2 which are not in Input 1 are excluded?

Do I need to draw different workflow to find that? or should i use any other before use the Join tool to identify the unique value in each input?

Regards

Mahadev

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Mahadev,

just have a look at the R anchor of JOIN tool (J = matched records, L = records only in Input1, R = records only in Input2).

Best regards

Roland

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for timely reply and can we join Excluded (records only on Input 1 or 2) data with original set again by using Join or Union ?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, you can use UNION to join the excluded data again.

UNION "L" & "J"  is comparable to a "LEFT OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input1)

UNION "R" & "J"  is comparable to a "RIGHT OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input2)

UNION "L" & "J"  & "R" is comparable to a "FULL OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input1 & Input2)

Labels