Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining the data with specific feilds

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Merge.png

I have used Join tool (Join be Specific Fields) to merge the both the data from 2 different input and get the output as expected,

However my concern is where do i find the data in Input 2 which are not in Input 1 are excluded?

Do I need to draw different workflow to find that? or should i use any other before use the Join tool to identify the unique value in each input?

Regards

Mahadev

3 REPLIES 3
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Mahadev,

just have a look at the R anchor of JOIN tool (J = matched records, L = records only in Input1, R = records only in Input2).

Best regards

Roland

Mahadevaswamyb
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much for timely reply and can we join Excluded (records only on Input 1 or 2) data with original set again by using Join or Union ?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, you can use UNION to join the excluded data again.

UNION "L" & "J"  is comparable to a "LEFT OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input1)

UNION "R" & "J"  is comparable to a "RIGHT OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input2)

UNION "L" & "J"  & "R" is comparable to a "FULL OUTER JOIN" in SQL (i.e. records with Join field in both data sets and excluded records from Input1 & Input2)

Labels