Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining and Combining Multiple tabs into one spreadsheet

asidhu010
5 - Atom

I have attached sample spreadsheets below, for what I'm looking at.I can't attach the exact files as the client has sensitive information. 

1. With the file attached, Loan Workflow, I'm trying to find a way to append the last months data onto the end of the current months data for each month. So this would look like: 

2019-09-30 data + the rate and the current ledger balance from the 2019-08-31 tab and this would occur for each month up until Jan which would have 2019-01-31 data + the the rate and the current ledger balance from the 2019-12-31 tab. The files the client send us can't be relied upon to have the same number of columns. I would need to ensure that the September tab has a column added which has Sept 30, 2019 as a column to differentiate it from the rest of the data. 

2. Then either the above data sets would need to be combined into one spreadsheet and then I can perform some calculations over the data using the column's I've added and the existing columns. Or I could have the workflow perform some calcs on each monthly subset and then they all be combined into one spreadsheet. I just wasn't sure which is a faster/better way to do it. 

I've starting using the batch macro functionality but I'm fairly new to it. So far, I've been able to build one big spreadsheet with all of the tabs but not sure how to append the data from the previous month. I've attached a screenshot for this but the practice interest revenue calculation would be the Loan workflow file.  

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @asidhu010 ,

In my solution, the idea was to use a batch macro, as you did, to go through all the sheets from the excel file where I got from the 'List of Sheets' functionality in input tool.

Please put all the files in the same folder. I'm not sending a package of files to avoid version problems.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Best,

Fernando V.

Labels