Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Joining Multiple Tabs

anitamarie2020
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, 

Just wondering if anyone could advise on a solution. I'm trying to do a count on the 'Status' Column in each of the tabs so do one summary, 

IE when I run the model I will get an overall summary of how many 'ok' 'late' and 'warnings' are in the status tab?

I'm trying to use the dynamic input tool but am having issues 

Thanks,
Anita

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @anitamarie2020 ,

I have written two macros that do this exact thing for you, which I've attached.

The first reads all the tab names and affixes them to the filename pipe separated.

The second reads in the files in dynamically.

You will need to rename your tabs on your Excel file as you have multiple trailing spaces in the names which causes file corruption, because Excel is not a database!

I renamed a couple and ran it and it worked.

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @anitamarie2020 ,

Dynamic input tool need all tabs (sheets) to have similar structure (same number of columns with similar data types).

I would advise you to build a custom Batch Macro for your use case.

You will definitely find something on the community regarding this since this is a common use case.

You can get started here

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Reading-multiple-tabs-with-different-s...

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

P.S :- Give me some time and I will see if I can build a demo for your use case

Labels