Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Joining Dates

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

I have 2 inputs, one is an Audit Date and the other is a list of calendar dates (Day_Month_Year column). Alteryx is seeing the Audit Date coming in as a String format and the Day_Month_Year coming in as a Date format. When I try to convert the Audit Date to a "Date" format, it is only converting to" DateTime". So my join is still not working because the Audit Date field is now "DateTime", but the Calendar Date field is "Date". When I've tried converting both to a "String" I am still not getting any results and it seems I'm just going in circles with these dates.

Dates.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @KmbrlyPC 

without seeing the workflow it's hard to say exactly what's happening, however you should be able to change the Audit Date to just be a date type and not datetime. See attached workflow where I've done this and the join works. 

If you're using the DateTime tool, maybe you chose the 4th option rather than the one lower down? 

Luke_C_0-1616540822287.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@KmbrlyPC 
It seems workingj just fine on my side.

Capture1A.PNG

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, it works now!

Labels