Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join

timothysmith_NYFRB
7 - Meteor

I have 2 tables (left and right) that I am joining by 1 field. Table A (left) has all the records I want in my output and when I join table B (which only matches on part of the records in table A), I get the matches in  the join and the L has the records that are not in table A
My question is, how to I get the output to include all records from table A where the matches from table B (join) are there and the unmatched (L) are there too but with blanks or null for the fields from table B that do not match
i.e. Table A 200 records, table B has 150 records that match.  I want my output to be 200 records with fields from both tables and populated for the 150 that match with table B values and the other 50 records being empty for the fields from table B that do not exist (but all fields from table A are there)

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @timothysmith_NYFRB 

Use find and replace to do left full join. Refer to the interactive lesson.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/VLookUps-with-Designer/ta-p/80201

Hope this helps : )

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @timothysmith_NYFRB 

You can use the union tool after the join to get all the records back. It will line up any fields that match, and any that don't will be null for the records that don't join. This essentially performs an outer join. 

Union Tool | Alteryx Help

Labels