Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join with Contains

ADK
5 - Atom

How can I go about using join based on a column using Contains. Scenario is like I have 2 tables A and B. I want to join B with A based on Account Name. So if Account Name of A contains Account Name of B then I need Create an Inner Join can someone please help me on this.

4 REPLIES 4
Hugo
9 - Comet

Hi ADK,

You could try to use the Find Replace tool. Have Table A feed into the F input and table B feed into the R input. Then you can find Account Name B within Account Name A (I reccomend Case Insensitive Find). Then append the Account Name B to the  the Record (instead of replacing text)

Capture.PNG

ADK
5 - Atom

Hello Hogo,

Thanks for taking time in replying to my Post. I'm very much new to this Tool, din't know how to use it thanks for your help. I was able to get the Output by making slight changes.

Thanks,
Abhishek

jcook127
5 - Atom

Hello,

As a follow-up question to this post, how could I identify cases that matched more than once? Ideally, I want to create an Exceptions report for Account Names that matched to more than one string.

Thank you,

Jessica

aaronvoyles
5 - Atom

This is such a fantastic solution! I was really running out of ideas but this does the trick. I had input lists with values of variable length before they had a wildcard I needed to match against database values and this does the trick (with a little cleanup of the wildcard characters). I can't thank you enough for your help!!!!!

Labels