Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join tool dropping data that doesn't join

jark1294
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to tie together two data sets with a join tool, but it's only keeping the data where the match rules are met. I'm trying to keep all data from the left data set even if there's not a match. Is there a setting to change this? Would unionizing the left output with the joined output be my best route?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You are correct.  A union after the join to bring in the left data would perform a Left Join.  The Join output only gives the Inner Join.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

jewelss_04
5 - Atom

I am having this problem too, and using the Union tool did not work.  My issue is that on the Left output, it drops those that don't match, and I am not sure why.  For instance, 1111 is in the left but not the right.  When I do the Join, it completely drops 1111 from everything, and is not in the L output.

jewelss_04_0-1612791034016.png

Labels