Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join not working in Analytic App

lewis-chambers
5 - Atom

Hello,

Having a bit of an issue with a workflow which runs fine in Designer but am getting no outputs when trying to convert to an analytic app.

Plan is there are two input files which I've called using two the file browse tools from interface. These are then joined based on a common identifier between the two files.

When running the tool as an app, I get the error on the join that "Info: Join (6): 0 records were joined with 0 un-joined left records and 0 un-joined right records (ended by a downstream tool)"

I've packaged up my example workflow here - really grateful for any advice to help fix this issue!

2 REPLIES 2
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @lewis-chambers 

To resolve this sort of issue I recommend using the Debug Mode. In the Interface Designer (CTRL+ALT+D or View > Interface Designer) choose the magic wand icon, input your two files, and open Debug Mode. You'll then be able to run this as a workflow and see where the error occurs. To make any corrections, make sure you do this in your main app file not the debug version, which is just a copy.

jamielaird_0-1605834775114.png

You might also want to show some output when the App completes, which you can also do via the Interface Designer, using the Properties tab:

jamielaird_0-1605834549282.png

lewis-chambers
5 - Atom

D'oh! Thanks very much for your help!!

Labels