Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Join after summations

Kk_larsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys...

I have a problem.

I have this data containing a lot of different data and material numbers. For some of the material numbers they have a type that i need to validate is above 0 in a running sum, if it is negative then I need to add an action to those specific rows. They material numbers are NOT unique and neither is the date. 

When I have found all the negative records I need to join it back with the original data with the correct rows - do any of you have an idea of how to do that?

Kk_larsen_0-1609315050135.png

1 REPLY 1
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kk_larsen ,

One way would be to assign an ID to each one of the material numbers before your first select tool, which you can then use as the field to join on.

But that's an answer out of the top of my head, without knowing how your dataset looks like. For example, it's unclear to me if you are grouping on any fields in the Running Sum tool or what's going on the the final "Summarize" tool before the join.

Attaching a different screenshot with more descriptive annotations or even a workflow would make it easier for us to help you.

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels