Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join , Union or Both - Need to combine 3 Data Files

lennoxl
5 - Atom

Hi Community. I hope someone can help me figure out what I need to do for my first workflow...I'm stuck.

I am new to Alteryx Designer tool and need guidance on my first project. I have 3 separate files (source of my main data) in my workflow, of which 2 are identical in field names and structure. There are many fields included in file #2 & #3, which are not included in the file #1 one, but I am deselecting these fields via the Sort tool.

File #1contains the same fields I am keeping in other 2 files and it also contains fields which I am excluding via the Select Tool. 

File #1: Q4 & Q1 forecast (downloaded from separate data source)

File #2: Q2 forecast (received from internal department) 

File #3 :Q3 forecast (received from internal department) 

File #4:  Comm Rates approved by Customer/Product Combination

File #5: Exceptions for Comm Rate for 3 Customer/Product Combination

Goal: I need to combine files #1 - #3 into one data set, Perform a v look-up like function to apply a "comm" rate by customer/product combination using file #4. Apply the exception rule for the "comm" rate to 3 customers on approved products (file #5). Create a report mimicking a pivot to compare current foremast for each quarter to prior forecast.

lennoxl_2-1631828535370.png

lennoxl_1-1631828152730.png

I started by joining  file #1 

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I would use a UNION on File 1,2 & 3

Then JOIN to File 4 (you might need to UNION left & join outputs to keep all the records)

Then JOIN to File 5 (you might need to UNION left & join outputs to keep all the records)

Then do the rest of your processing.

lennoxl
5 - Atom

Thanks for the help. It worked like a charm. 👍

Labels