Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Tool record displayed

AnGi
7 - Meteor

Hi guys

is it possible to extract the number of records displayed info from eacj L, J and R option of a Join Tool?

Thanks for any reply

4 REPLIES 4
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @AnGi , if you are just looking to fetch data from Left,Join and Right individually of a jon tool then you can simply use an output tool on L,J,R anchors. The other way is to use browse tool and click on the button as shown in the screenshot below.I hope this helps.

Thanks!

grazitti_sapna_0-1592567870029.png

Sapna Gupta
AnGi
7 - Meteor

Hi Grazitti

first of all thanks for your reply

Maybe i havent well explained my need

Please have a look to my pic

After a Join Tool I have 3 records on L, 342 on J and 147 on L

As you can see, I manually created a comment with those infos

My question is; is it possible to create this comment (or any other kind of datatype) in an automatic way?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@AnGi , click anywhere in the blank area of the canvas then you will see option on the left side of your screen, in connection progress option your default option is show only when running you can change it to show for this particular workflow then you will be able to see the number of records as marked in yellow in the workflow.

grazitti_sapna_1-1592568888057.png

If you want it to show this progress for every workflow then you can go to options>user settings>edit user settings>canvas >progress>select show and then save. 
Restart Alteryx and this might work for you.

grazitti_sapna_2-1592569093481.png

Sapna Gupta
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AnGi 

There's no way to automatically update the comment box if the record number changes.  You can however count the records coming from each output and use a Multi-Join tool to put them all in the same record.  

danilang_0-1592577428646.png

danilang_1-1592577572704.png

Dan

Labels