Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join Error: Both left and right inputs must have connections.

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

I am trying to join two inputs 1: Dynamic Input that collects data from SQL server and 2: Data from Sales-force. I am getting " Join (32) Both left and right inputs must have connections." error . I do not have any missing links in the workflow and therefore I am not able to find the root cause.

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It looks like you have got a series of dynamic inputs before the join, can you be sure these files are flowing through appropriately and there is no read errors?

Ben

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

Solved. You were right, though there wasn't any read error, but in one of the dynamic inputs I wasn't reading anything. Actually, the alteryx filter continues the flow though the filter condition is false. Is there a way to just stop the flow from processing further if the condition does not match except the count record and union solution?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay, it's annoying that it's not throwing a read error though!

Check out the 'test' tool, and also within the crew macro pack, there are a series of easily configurable test tools https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482 that may be useful!

Ben

Number4
8 - Asteroid

Just thought I'd add what was causing this issue for me, to help others on what to look for.  Relating back to the marked answer.

I had a container, four joins back in the workflow which I'd meant to collapse with the down arrow (allowing it to still run.)

Instead, I'd collapsed it with the blue box, disabling it.

NabilA
6 - Meteoroid

omg... I've been stressing over this the last 30 mins... at least now I know you can switch a container off!

MarinaKim
5 - Atom

Hi, for me the issue was in another join tool I accidentally deleted the connection from. Hope this will help somebody to save some time.

Labels