Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Jira connection

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

Hello I'm trying to use the download tool to connect to a JIRA site. But i keep getting this message:

{"errorMessages":["You·currently·don't·have·access·to·perform·this·operation."],"errors":{}}

if i call the rest API in my browser i get a result but via the download tool i get this acces denied. I do have my user name and Password set. 

Alteryx Jira.PNG

Do i have to set a header or Payload. And how do i do that?

Regards Humberto

5 REPLIES 5
jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kelkboom,

Unfortunately, you don't supply this post with enough information to help troubleshoot the issue. That said though, troubleshooting API requests is always going to be tricky because the requirements of the API service varies from site to site.

It is possible that you have to set what headers to send and/or the payload and also what type of request is it (GET, PUT, PULL, ETC...). This information is usually available by the services API documentation.

Hard to say why it works when you call it on your browser directly vs Alteryx, but one thing that I've encountered in the past is that calling the API in the browser sometimes utilizes your same authenticated session if you've already logged into the site. Every time Alteryx attempts to make a call will establish a new session, so authentication would need to be re-established.

The "Username/Password" options in the Download tool sometimes does not satisfy the authentication requirements of the API.

I understand this does not give you any solution, but I'm hoping that this will give you some insight as to why it might not be working and some ideas on how to troubleshoot further.

kelkboom
7 - Meteor

thnx,

it did push me in the wright direction. The solution is to insert two headers. 

1. Authorization: strating with the word "Basic" and the the user:password hasched as 64bit. 
  2. and a content  discriping the result as a JSON format

regards Humberto

JiraLoginSettings.PNG

jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for following up, @kelkboom. Glad to hear that you got this working and for sharing your solution.

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@kelkboom@jgo,

After tinkering with JIRA's REST API (which is pretty solid and easy to use) I went ahead and built a JIRA Connector for Alteryx.

Community Post & Documentation:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/JIRA-Connector/m-p/51562

Link to Connector in Public Gallery:  https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/JIRA-Connector/58d87c2feffc2a0dd0b5ed8f

Cheers,

Taylor Cox

MohitBasia
7 - Meteor

Thank you @kelkboom  for sharing this. I was able to solve my issue after reading your post

Labels