community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

Japanese character display

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi

We have a report created in Alteryx which being sent as email to the users in the body of the email.

This report has a column which contains the data with Japanese chars. We see that when this report is generated locally (HTML render) then the data is displayed correctly.

But email which is generated through server has Japanese chars coming as garbled and we already have setting “Force SQL WChar Support” set as True.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated here. See sample workflow screenshot with text input used but Oracle is the source.

Email Alteryx.PNG

Bolide

Hi @neeleshapatil,

This looks like encoding issue, provided your data flows fine through the workflow and is broken in the email output - please try applying the relevant encoding to your string fields beforehand.

I'm not sure how this will reflect in the values you see in the workflow, but i guess what matters in your case is the email output - playing with encodings may potentially allow you to achieve this.

It would be hard for me to simulate this my side without any examples, if you don't mind attaching some text samples? 

img1.JPG

Thanks,

Rafal

#Excuse me, do you speak Alteryx?

Labels