Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JOIN TOOL: same report, I have some transactions with the same information

avo
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, 

I need some helps on my workflow. Please let me know if i use the correct tool .

I need to match Report A ( 52 transactions) with report B ( 50 transactions). I used JOIN TOOL ( fonction Vloop up)  to match them but I came out an output with 62 transactions !!!! ( Please see report C) !!!!

Then I noticed because in each input report ( A and B), I have a couple of transaction with the same transaction number !!!! 

How can i tell my workflow to match only one transaction from A to one transaction for B.

We should get  a final report with 52 lines only : 50 lines match between A& B and only 2 lines don't match. 

thank you so much for your hepls and advices 

Anh

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@avo 

You can use a summary tool before the join to 'Group By' the account codes and sum the units together so you just get one record per account code. 

avo
7 - Meteor

@Luke_C 

thank you so much,  yess, it works !!!!

again, thank you for your helps🙂

Anh

Labels