Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

JIRA Connector Question

Gabacho
7 - Meteor

I have an issue with the JIRA Connector I'm hoping I can get help with. The connector iworks great but there are some custom database fields I need to extract that are not part of the issue records being returned. I can get the data directly  through the JQL interface. How do I get those custom fields returned as part of the  JIRA Connector?  

I have also tried jirapy which also works well, but no success with the custom fields.  Is the a python option?

6 REPLIES 6
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Gabacho, I personally don't have any experience pulling Jira data into Alteryx, so might not be the right person to help. But I did want to point you to an alternate Jira connector created by @tlarsen7572 and @Nick612Haylund. Might just address what you are looking for.

https://github.com/ayx-builders/ayx_builders_pack

tlarsen7572
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am 80% sure the connector @Nick612Haylund and I offer provides custom fields in the output.  Epics use Atlassian-created custom fields, so I remember having to code around that challenge already.  I think I went all the way and pulled in the full list of custom fields, including the user-created custom fields.

If my memory is wrong and they are not there, it should not be too difficult to code them in.

reply_mueller
8 - Asteroid

Hey @Gabacho ,

for me custom fields were never a problem, when using the issue search (and it sounds like you also use it, too). Also, I regularly connected to the JIRA API using the standard Download Tool - no need for an extra connector.

Regarding you problems:

Make sure in your POST JSON body that the response includes all fields by setting "fields": ["*all"] - see the JIRA API documentation here (v2) or here (v3).

reply_mueller_1-1605372054410.png

Download Tool Configuration:

Spoiler
reply_mueller_1-1605372365275.pngreply_mueller_0-1605372328769.png

Here you can see a simple example at work on how to connect the JIRA API with Alteryx Tools only.

Happy Alteryxing!

Best,

Johannes (Blue Reply)

missgina
7 - Meteor

I am trying JIRAPY but having issues.  It appears I can connect but when I select Objects to download:  Projects - I get 0 and I have at least 1 project that I have access to even though I am not the owner.   I have also tried copying the JQL statement from my JIRA dashboard to the JQL Filter and setting objects to download: Issues but getting the following error message {"errorMessages":["The value XXXXXXX' does not exist for the field 'project'.","Field 'type' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users."],"warningMessages":[]}¶.

Any help troubleshooting this is greatly appreciated.

Gina

Gabacho
7 - Meteor

I ran into the same issue.  The fields I was looking for turned out to be custom fields.  I was provided a list of custom fields from the admins with the numeric field reference.  Once the field name was replaced with the field number I was able to pull the data correctly.

missgina
7 - Meteor

I'm using Jira.PY, I'm not sure how to use numbers vs. what is in the drop down list.  Did you use a different connector?

Thanks

Gina

Labels