Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

JIRA Connector Question

Gabacho
7 - Meteor

I have an issue with the JIRA Connector I'm hoping I can get help with. The connector iworks great but there are some custom database fields I need to extract that are not part of the issue records being returned. I can get the data directly  through the JQL interface. How do I get those custom fields returned as part of the  JIRA Connector?  

I have also tried jirapy which also works well, but no success with the custom fields.  Is the a python option?

6 REPLIES 6
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Gabacho, I personally don't have any experience pulling Jira data into Alteryx, so might not be the right person to help. But I did want to point you to an alternate Jira connector created by @tlarsen7572 and @Nick612Haylund. Might just address what you are looking for.

https://github.com/ayx-builders/ayx_builders_pack

tlarsen7572
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am 80% sure the connector @Nick612Haylund and I offer provides custom fields in the output.  Epics use Atlassian-created custom fields, so I remember having to code around that challenge already.  I think I went all the way and pulled in the full list of custom fields, including the user-created custom fields.

If my memory is wrong and they are not there, it should not be too difficult to code them in.

reply_mueller
8 - Asteroid

Hey @Gabacho ,

for me custom fields were never a problem, when using the issue search (and it sounds like you also use it, too). Also, I regularly connected to the JIRA API using the standard Download Tool - no need for an extra connector.

Regarding you problems:

Make sure in your POST JSON body that the response includes all fields by setting "fields": ["*all"] - see the JIRA API documentation here (v2) or here (v3).

reply_mueller_1-1605372054410.png

Download Tool Configuration:

Spoiler
reply_mueller_1-1605372365275.pngreply_mueller_0-1605372328769.png

Here you can see a simple example at work on how to connect the JIRA API with Alteryx Tools only.

Happy Alteryxing!

Best,

Johannes (Blue Reply)

missgina
7 - Meteor

I am trying JIRAPY but having issues.  It appears I can connect but when I select Objects to download:  Projects - I get 0 and I have at least 1 project that I have access to even though I am not the owner.   I have also tried copying the JQL statement from my JIRA dashboard to the JQL Filter and setting objects to download: Issues but getting the following error message {"errorMessages":["The value XXXXXXX' does not exist for the field 'project'.","Field 'type' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users."],"warningMessages":[]}¶.

Any help troubleshooting this is greatly appreciated.

Gina

Gabacho
7 - Meteor

I ran into the same issue.  The fields I was looking for turned out to be custom fields.  I was provided a list of custom fields from the admins with the numeric field reference.  Once the field name was replaced with the field number I was able to pull the data correctly.

missgina
7 - Meteor

I'm using Jira.PY, I'm not sure how to use numbers vs. what is in the drop down list.  Did you use a different connector?

Thanks

Gina

Labels