Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

JDBC Connection

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Has anyone tried connecting to Splice Machine via a JDBC connection?

7 - Meteor

It doesn't look like Alteryx is currently planning to implement these connections: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Add-the-ability-to-connect-to-data-source-us...

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I realize this is and older post but our organization is using In-DB tools to read from Splice. The standard input tools generated an generic error. The In-DB has provided a workaround that error. 

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi, can you please give a little more detail? my company only has jdbc connections but I need to connect to in-database.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi @nyoka .. i can try.. We have a Splice Machine ODBC driver configured  (link:https://doc.splicemachine.com/tutorials_connectodbc_intro.html)

wottel_0-1582230611349.png

..but this would not work correctly with the standard input tools. We rec'd a generic error. But we found that if we use the In-DB tools, it would read/write the data correctly. In the Workflow we have the In-DB Connect, Select, & Data Stream Out

wottel_1-1582230739005.png

For the In-DB Connect, from the Connection Name drop down, you have to configure a new Connection using the ODBC driver. We used Generic ODBC

wottel_2-1582230839877.png

Then you should be able to select your table or write you SQL 

I'm not sure why, but with the In DB Stream Out, we had to choose at least one field to sort by for it to work. 

wottel_3-1582230983081.png

Not sure if you have the ability to configure an ODBC connection for you situation but this is what we got to work for Splice Machine. 

Labels