Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iteratively assigning work based on duration?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I have a problem that I'm trying to solve for with an Iterative Macro, and so far I haven't had much luck.

Essentially, I have a number of work efforts, alongside a duration, and a group of people who can be assigned work.

What I want to be able to do is check who has the least work, assign them the next work item, and loop iteratively through the dataset in order to continue reassigning efforts to workers.

Its possible that I really want a batch macro, but an iterative macro felt like a good option.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

The dataset is pretty straightforward starting:
Starting Workers:

WorkerIDHoursAssigned

Starting Actions:

Action_IDWorkerIDHours

Ending Workers:

WorkerIDHoursAssigned

Ending Actions:

Action_IDWorkerIDHours
3 REPLIES 3
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@Claje

You would want to use an iterative macro for this.  If you look at the "Assign Supply to Demand Sample" in the Sample workflows, it is a very similar problem to solve.  I have created a solution by using the append fields and then iterating through the worker IDs to assign them workers.  I'm going to let you try to solve it from here and if you need help, i have built out a solution.

Maureen

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Thanks!

I think I implemented something similar, basically combining my two datasets into one input and splitting within the iterative process.

Does this roughly match your thoughts on how to solve for something like this?

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Sounds good.

Yes, I used append fields to combine the datasets into one and then iterated through the action IDs to assign workers in the macro.

Labels