Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative workflow

iJazper306
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

I am trying to achieve a somewhat (I think) is basic workflow that collects user input using a list of check boxes:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 144329.png

So that at the end of Select(87), I will have a column of selected "Groups" that I want to run through a macro to reiterate rendering of PDF reports.

How should I be setting up the macro so that it will accept that column of Groups as the filter? How can I get up the Groups column as a dynamic filter variable field?

Here is sample data. This data will be filtered based on Group selection per user input.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 144801.png

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi @iJazper306 ,

It sounds like you are looking for a batch macro. I've attached an example, but I highly recommend you take a look at the batch macro training that is  available in the academy, here.

main workflow 

Greg_Murray_0-1611951551068.png

batch macro

Greg_Murray_1-1611951582021.png

hope that helps

Hi @iJazper306 

If the end goal is to render a PDF report per group, you may need to check the "Group" option in the render building block. This could give you different reports for the different groups you have.

christine_assaad_0-1611953018864.png

I'm also attaching a workflow sample that could help. Let me know in case I misunderstood your goal. Cheers

Labels