Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative batch will not inside workflow

mdata
8 - Asteroid

I have an Iterative batch that will not finish after the 4th iteration. I can run the batch with less records but records with more than 400 records the job will not finish. Attached are my screen shot, workflow and the iterative batch.

3 REPLIES 3
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

you have build yourself a macro that makes a LOT of records for each iteration. What are you trying to accomplish?

Skærmbillede 2016-02-16 kl. 11.12.05.png

Best regards,

Daniel

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Just a quick tip when needing to export workflows there is a "Export Workflow" option in the options menu. This will export the workflow and you can include the macro and the datafiles. It also makes the paths relative.

Daniel

jgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mdata,

If the sample data you provided is an accurate representation of your actual data, the data contains multiple duplicates which is exponentially increasing your data after the Join that leads to your iterating output within your JSONBatch macro which will never end due to no more records as the data sent to be iterated is MORE than what it started with, as @danielbrun2 illustrated. It would eventually end when the iteration limit has hit, which you had set to 2000.

You can either:

1) move your RecordID tool to be the first tool after your Macro Input tool and modify the Join tool to join on RecordID.

2) still moving your RecordID tool as mentioned above, use a Filter tool instead of the Sample tool to split your data ([RecordID] >= 100 to TRUE).

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

JGo

Labels