Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro to split time intervals

Jack_Nelson
7 - Meteor

I'm attempting to create an iterative macro that splits time intervals into two separate intervals and then repeats the process until each time intervals doesn't cross a certain threshold.  I am new to the macro scene but modeled my workflow after the iterative macro tutorial in Alteryx's self-paced training section.  The macro works but only goes through one iteration and doesn't show both lines that were split into one, only the first line.

I attached the macro workflow and small subset of data that I'm working with.  It is production data for a manufacturing facility where each event is defined with a start and end datestamp.  I want to split this time interval if it crosses over into the next day's shift start time (which is adjusted since it is not midnight).  The iterative aspect kicks in because some events span over multiple days so I would like to continue to split a time interval until they all represent a unique shift date.

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Jack_Nelson

Inside the macro, in the first Filter tool, should the output from the "False" side be going anywhere?  Perhaps join it into the other stream that's going to the Macro Iteration output?  Just a thought.

- John

Jack_Nelson
7 - Meteor

@JohnJPS

Thank you for pointing out the "False" dead end in the first filter!  This lead to some digging with the realization that my macro for the workflow needed to begin further upstream.  Originally, a configuration table with shift start times for certain date ranges was joined to an events table prior to the macro.  Since I am filtering to an accurate shift start times based on time depend values(i.e. day of the week), I needed to rejoin with this configuration table for each iteration.     

-Jack

Labels