Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro to loop through data and output specific columns

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hello, I have attached a sample dataset of how my output data currently looks. I would like to create an iterative macro that loops through the data and outputs Email, Username, Please select the software you would like to keep, Title1, Why do you want to keep Title1, and Unselected Choices for users with a value in Title1. I would like to do this for Title2, all the way up to Title12 (the number of titles in my real dataset). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with creating macros. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07

I'm thinking that this can probably be solved without a macro. When you say output, what format do you mean?

Kat

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@katI'm not sure what you mean by format, but I would like to output based on the Title number pertaining to that user. So if a user has a value in Title1, I would like to view that data separate from users who have a value in Title2. If a user has a value in both Titles 1 & 2, that user would be displayed once each in both outputs. Does that make sense?

kat
12 - Quasar

Yes - I meant to Excel, PDF, etc?

That shouldn't make too much of a difference for the solution though. 

The attached example generates a separate Excel file for each title. Please customise the file paths to suit your needs.

Kind regards

Katrin

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

kat
12 - Quasar

@Chirag_Gandhi07

Here it is unzipped. Can you change the version now? You'll just need to change the start to your data.

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@katThank you! Would this work using the publish to tableau server macro?

kat
12 - Quasar

Unfortunately I have never used that before and am unfamiliar with what it does

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@katI have uploaded an excel file of how I desire the data to be outputted. 

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07

Sorry, I see that I didn't properly address the columns. Attached is a solution that ensures that your data is mapped correctly for this.

It doesn't say the title number in the header anymore - I hope that's not an issue.

Cheers

Kat

Labels