Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro - only gives one out of 1000 records

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I'm troubleshooting my iterative macro.  When I run the macro that has 0 iteration, the final output has 1000 records.

Macro output.png

However, when I run the macro from another workflow, there is only one record coming from final output.

Iterative Macro - only gives one out of 1000 records.png

I referred to this article to troubleshoot.  The field name/type of input and output are the same.

Does anyone have any idea why results are different using macro workflow vs using another workflow by inserting the macro?

Sincerely,

knozawa

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Throw on a browse tool!

By any chance have you got the mode set to 'auto configure by name' in the interface designer settings for the macro?

Ben

knozawa
11 - Bolide

@BenMoss,

Thank you.  I added the browse tool after the iterative macro Final output and I could see 1000 records.  The iteration worked fine only when the input record number was 1000, but not more than 1000. 

When I chose the sample record number to more than 1000, I got those errors:

Error.png

This is very strange to me because the input file was the same, but just the number of input records were different (by using the sample tool) and got those errors.

This is the configuration for Iterative macro:

Configuration.png

Sincerely,

knozawa

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Iterative macro contained sample tool, so I could only get up to 1000 records. 

rivanova005
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am having a similar issue. I am running a batch macro on 7 files. The macro itself seems to work fine (it has about 70 rows before the output tool), but when using the macro in my main workflow, it's outputting only 1 row.

Labels