Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro for cancelling out duplicate rows

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Hi guys!

I'm trying to create an iterative macro that will compare each row against all the other rows to find a match with the negative Amount and Line Description but haven't been able to find a way to iterate each row individually so that it matches with only the first match and is then removed (the rows that do not have a match need to be filtered out).

Thanks in advance!

Example table:

AmountLine Description
300Fees
-750Consulting advice
500Accrual
750Consulting advice
600Journals
-500Accrual
750Consulting advice
-750Consulting advice
-300Fees
7 REPLIES 7
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @PickleRick,

I think this does what you are looking for.  If this works, please mark as an accepted solution so the Community knows it has been solved!

Contra.JPG

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PickleRick I mocked up an example on how to answer this. Let me know what you think?Iterate_Macro_131119.PNG

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Thank you @T_Willins, this worked wonders!

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Thanks @JosephSerpis, I tried something similar but the only problem with this in my data set was that it caused too many duplicates in the join tool 

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @PickleRick ,

This may not require iterative  macro  because   the macro can produce  results  with one iteration .  

Simple standard macro can be used if iterative macro runs once .

benakesh_0-1573678026331.png

PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Benakesh, I tried something similar but with the size of my data set and the amount of same Descriptions and Amounts I found using the join tool with a unique tool never gave me an accurate result 

benakesh
12 - Quasar

@PickleRick ,

To avoid duplicates sorting  may be required    on specific columns . Also  specific columns are selected in  unique  tool .   

Labels