Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro: Second Iteration Fails w/ Missing Field Error Message

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I am having difficultly with an iterative macro. 

Only the first entry passes through the macro.  The second record fails and generates the following error message.

Error: The field “URL” is missing. Compare the tool configuration with the input stream

The screenshot of the macro below includes the configuration of the macro in Interface Designer as well as the output of the Iterative Output, that clearly shows the inclusion of the URL field.  The Sample tool that precedes it is set to Skip 1st N rows with N=1.

iterative_macro.png

8 REPLIES 8
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @hellyars 

Are you able to attach a workflow with this problem extracted? I have my suspicions but its not an easy one to replicate without the data/workflow.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Do you have a filter tool to test if your condition is met - or are you just running a set number of iterations.

The fields (names/types) have to be the same between iterations so you need to make sure your select tool is sending the same field names/types in the same order the loop.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@TheOCand @apathetichell   Iterative macro attached.  I included a text input tool with 10 records that can be used to jump start a workflow.  Its the same table used in the macro input.  Thanks.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@hellyars 

Try this - reset the field name in a select tool right before the loop.

Also made small changes to interface designer - no longer goes for 1000 loops (but you can adjust) and doesn't give an error if it has union different fields.

2021-05-13 (1).png

And obviously make sure your browse - workflow continues from the F anchor...

2021-05-13 (2).png

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@apathetichell  LOL!!!  I needed to rename URL to "ToDetails" so that it can be renamed URL.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@hellyarsOn the good news

1) your macro works

2) you did a great job on it

3) you won't do that again...

so win/win/win?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @hellyars 

Probably the simplest way to fix this is to branch directly from the Macro Input as opposed to branching after the Select 

danilang_0-1620991295477.png

No extra tools required.

Dan

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@danilangEven funnier.  Thanks.

Labels