Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro Help

pectoljbIV
5 - Atom

Hello, I'm trying to build an iterative macro that puts together delivery routes by distance. The workflow geocodes a set of stores and then determines the distance between them all. I'm then making a set of "routes" across all points that are within 30 miles of each other.

Where I need the iteration to work, is to find the "best" route (the one with the most sales), separate that route out and then run it again with all the other stores. Keep iterating until no more stores are left. I'm really not sure why it's not working. Anybody, help? I've posted a workflow with the Macro.

4 REPLIES 4
pectoljbIV
5 - Atom
Thanks, I've posted the packaged WB

Thanks,
John Ben
[CSI Logo]
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The workflow you posted does not include the macro. To include both, export the workflow as a .yxzp file using Options>Export Workflow and be sure to check the box to include the macro.

pectoljbIV
5 - Atom

Thanks, It now has the packaged workbook.

pectoljbIV
5 - Atom

When I started this post I did not have a solution, but I believe I do now.

First, the text input (52) in the original macro had a duplicate Chain - Store. Not sure if that was part of the problem, but it has been fixed. Next, instead of having a blank text input in the workflow where the macro resides, I filled it with all the CHAIN - STORE options that are being compared to each other. That did the trick. I'm posting the solution for the next person who struggles with iteration. Cheers!

Labels