Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative Macro - HALP

chilby
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have two data sets of cash details. I manually reconcile the two data sets each period and I am would like to write my first iterative macro.  Below is a snip of the two data sets (also see attached).  There can be relationships of 1 to 1, 1 to 2, 1 to 3, or 1 to 4.  It cannot be joined and reconciled on the date field because of the timing differences.  Could you please help with this exercise?  See the date columns and highlighted fields to see the illustration of the matches.  At the end of the day, I just want to see the matches (and any unreconciled items) and a column with the differences.  THANK YOU!

chilby_2-1631666594767.png

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm not sure any kind of macro will help based on your description.  What is the "rule" you're looking for a macro to do?  From the looks of it, the "rule" is "well, if some value over here equals the same value over there, then they match, OR if some value over here matches the sum of a bunch of values over there, then they match too".  If that's accurate, I'm not sure there is any programmatic solution. 

Labels