Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Iterative Macro - Change the flow based on the iterative data

jgv27
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I am busy scripting an Iterative macro and came to a halt. I am trying to incorporate 3 while loops (or in Alteryx terms, Iterative macros) to run in conjunction (the one calling the next). I however realised the time constrained. It is just taking to long.

I now want to change the one Iterative macro to try and simplify the process and reduce the run time.

The attached Iterative macro is the second Iterative macro in the process and I think this step will enable me to achieve the above mentioned.

What I want to achieve:

• When [1] the field "Data" in the row to be processed ("T" part of the filter tool in the "S Input" line) match [2] a record(s) in the field "Data" of the "B Input" line, the following information needs to be passed to the next macro (indicated by the container):
    • "S Input" line: the row to be processed
    • "B Input" line: all the "Batch Number" groups where the "Data" field matched to one or more of the "Data" values in that group (for example: if [1] match row 4 of [2] with a "Batch Number" of 1, then all the rows with a "Batch Number" of 1 should continue to the next macro)
  • When [1] do not match [2], the following needs to happen:
    • No information from either the "S Input" or the "B Input" should be passed to the macro. In essence, the macro should not be called for these instances.

I do hope that the explanation makes sense. If you need more information, just let me know.

Thank you very much in advance

An Alteryx Enthusiast

1 REPLY 1
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jgv27,

It looks to me like your macro is already set up to accomplish what you described above. Can you further explain what the issue is that you've encountered (if you're still working with this macro) or how you're hoping the community can help you? 

Labels