Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iterative Macro - Access the Max Number of Iterations Value

mse139
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to access the Max Number of Iterations value from within an iterative macro?  I know the current iteration number is accessible via a constant, but I don't see a way to access the max value.

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mse139 

Yes, from within the macro go to the interface designer settings:

Luke_C_0-1624394369633.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is the question how to set the max iteration (if so - @Luke_C  has succinctly answered that). If the question is can you access that number as a constant in the workflow or change that number via action tool - I do not believe so. I played around with and can see no way to access it.... Maybe there's some export metadata to python tool thing that someone knows about that can capture it, but I couldn't see a way.

mse139
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell My question was if I could access that constant from within the workflow and perhaps update it during execution.  I couldn't find a way to access it either.  Thanks!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@mse139I looked into the macro input/macro output connections as well but neither allows hooking up an action tool to modify it... There may be an unpublished (or published one place long ago) extended list of workflow constants and how to access it but I haven't seen it...

Labels