community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Iterative Data pull from database

Hi John,

I was able to split the table into to its corresponding pages but in doing so, was wondering how i can append the dynamic legend text i mentioned to each page of the table?

When i join the text i created dynamically with the table i created, it only appends to the first page. Is there anyway i can append the text to each page.

Thanks

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm not sure if this will help, but here's an example that adds page-by-page multi-row headers (attached).

Thanks john, but i was able to achieve the iterative addition of header text to each page using the append fields option.

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

OK... just to clarify, you mean the varying page-header information, shown in the 4th post of this discussion?

I create a dynamic text which is sort of like a legend text to each page of the table which i needed to append. But since i create the table and the text separately, i couldnt use the option within text tool to append the text. I instead used the append fields tool to append this dynamic text to each page like in the example i mentioned earlier in this same post. Hope that clarifies.

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm hoping I understand it correctly... if I set the following in the Report Text tool, I can get something pretty similar to what you request:

Capture.PNG

(see attached workflow which adds this into the other example I had going...)

I was bulding the text from another table and hence couldnt attach it to the table using the option you mentioned, but yes you can attach text like you mentioned if you are using the same table to generate the text.

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fleshing that out a bit more... I notice you had right and left justified headings on the report... I was able to achieve that by:

• create a dummy heading that is just several return carriages (experiment to get the right amount)
  • create the Left and Right headings as report text
  • join them all together and then use the overlay to combine them

(see attached example)

EDIT: just saw your response; this might be able to help with the same concern: create the "dummy space" and then use join and overlay to bring in header data from other sources.

Highlighted

Thats a neat trick to know. I created a table in a similar fashion

• create the left and right columns sperately by transposing the data from the row data i wanted
  • created a dummy column with values which i later formated to look like empty column using the table settings
  • joined all the columns to create a single table, with no borders to resemble the text i had shown 
Labels