Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Iteractive Macro Assistance Needed!!!

6 - Meteoroid
I am trying to create an iterative macro for this workflow but I failed to get the results that I want.

Essentially, what this workflow is doing is making sure each family member who is listed as a "owner" owns every entity (i.e, "owned entity") in the dataset.  For example, Family member 1 ("Allan & Sallie") under the Family # column owns only Green Co. at the beginning of the dataset but by the end of the workflow, this family member should own at stake in Blue Co and Red Co as well.  So, the summarize tool tells you every owned entity in the dataset.  Each family member should own each entity by the end of the workflow. I hope this makes sense.

Anywho, I need to do this process for every family member that is in the dataset but do not want to have to filter out and continuously create this tool chain if additional members are added.  If there is a way to do this in an iterative macro that would be great as the number of family members is can go past 3+.

Can someone please help with this? Workflow attached.

Thank you for your help in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think that this workflow should do what you need. Can you take a look at the attached?

screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.png

6 - Meteoroid

Hi BrandonB,

Thanks for your assistance.  It may be because I do not have the latest version of Alteryx that you are using but I am not getting the same out that you are getting displaying the 9 records.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have attached the iterative macro to this post. Can you download it and put it into a workflow and then have the file feeding into it like the screenshot up top as well as the file within it pointed at the file?

6 - Meteoroid

Its works!  Thank you.  If I rename the macro or files will it cause any issues?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can modify it however you would like! Just think of a macro as another workflow inside of a workflow. Just make sure that wherever you save it you keep it in the same place. If you have a workflow that points to a macro and you move that macro it won’t be able to find it. You can always save a copy of it and then continue to tweak it as necessary.

Labels