Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issues with pasting values in to Excel

Mancunian
8 - Asteroid

I have some analysis which I am carrying out in Alteryx where I am querying an Access database. For the field Project Name. all appears fine when I view the output in Alteryx. However, when I paste the field data in to Excel, the rows split their value i.e the values appear in to different rows in excel. Is there anyway around this?

For Example the text appears like this in Access  

"Horse and Jockey PH
66 Church Lane
Buckley
Clwyd"

and hence is on separate lines when I paste it in to Excel. What changes can I make in Alteryx to prevent this from happening?

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Mancunian,

I don't think it's an issue with Alteryx, rather how Excel is interpreting data pasted from your clipboard.

If you just paste into an Excel cell by selecting the cell (single click) then Excel thinks that each new line should be a new row. Otherwise, you can double-click the cell and then paste, or paste it directly in the Formula bar to prevent it from splitting.

Also, if you use an output tool, it would output into one cell.

NickR82
5 - Atom

I have a different copy paste into Xcel issue. It is treating a 0 in the middle of numbers or mixed text as a delimiter and opening a new column,  

11HIPBK

example of what gets pasted 

vs what should be 

101 HIPBK  

I have formatted as text can't think of why or what it is doing it was a V String, I changed to VW String? 

Other Example 

344 7P86-17

344007P 860-107

Any help would be appreciated Thanks..

Labels