A couple of issues I've noticed from my first day playing with the Publish to Tableau Server tool.
1. There were a couple of times(First couple of times I ran it) where my flow finished running without any errors, but the .tde was not actually published to the server. When I went into the log, I could see that there was a parentheses next to one of the entries upstream that said it was stopped by a tool downstream.
I'm not sure what the issue was with this one. It hasn't errored out on me since the first couple of runs, but it is a bit alarming to me that it could not publish the .tde and also not cause an error flag when doing so.
2. I have a dataset that I create/append to each week, in which I insert the file name("FileName" default) as a field in the data in order to create a trending view. When I left this field with the default header, I could see it going into the Publish to Tableau Tool, but it was not coming through my extract once I linked it up to Tableau to rebuild my dash.
For the second issue, I went in and changed the name to "File Name" from "FileName" and that made it show up in the .tde.