Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues with Publish .tde to Tableau Server Tool; FileName/Not Published but No Error

FFFool
9 - Comet

A couple of issues I've noticed from my first day playing with the Publish to Tableau Server tool. 

1. There were a couple of times(First couple of times I ran it) where my flow finished running without any errors, but the .tde was not actually published to the server. When I went into the log, I could see that there was a parentheses next to one of the entries upstream that said it was stopped by a tool downstream. 

I'm not sure what the issue was with this one. It hasn't errored out on me since the first couple of runs, but it is a bit alarming to me that it could not publish the .tde and also not cause an error flag when doing so. 

2. I have a dataset that I create/append to each week, in which I insert the file name("FileName" default) as a field in the data in order to create a trending view. When I left this field with the default header, I could see it going into the Publish to Tableau Tool, but it was not coming through my extract once I linked it up to Tableau to rebuild my dash.

For the second issue, I went in and changed the name to "File Name" from "FileName" and that made it show up in the .tde. 

19 REPLIES 19
MDavenport
5 - Atom

I'm getting this same error, my workflow is complete except publishing to the tableau server, which is hung up at 62%. Has there been any solutions or insight since this was last bought up?

gnelson
5 - Atom

I ran into the "duplicate table name" error and it took me a while to figure it out, felt silly in the end.  If using multiple instances of the Publish to Tableau Server macro in the same workflow, make sure they run in serial (block until done if not otherwise separated) and not parallel.  Two levels down in the sub macros there's a temporary yxdb file written before publish to Tableau that can have the same filepath and name.  I think there's file contention here.

KovvuriRanadheer
5 - Atom

I have the similar issue , My Alteryx wf gets struck at 62%, please post here if you find any solution.

KovvuriRanadheer
5 - Atom

Hello @MacRo

Can you please share the updated 'publish to tableau server tool'  . The current tool i am using is always get struck on 62% and takes forever to upload it into the tableau server.

Thanks

Rana

BrennanH
5 - Atom

Hi @Macro 

Has there been a solution found for this yet? I also get stuck at ~62% progress when using the publish to tableau server tool. It appears that the 'Data Cleansing' tool might be an issue, as it always gets stuck at ~80% completion as well. 

Any thoughts here would be very appreciated! 

mcha54
8 - Asteroid

Curious if anyone has found a solve for the Stuck at 62%? Just started getting that today for a workflow that otherwise ran successfully in the past.

BrennanH
5 - Atom

My issue was in fact with the Data Cleansing tool - I removed it and used more manual processes to clean my data and it published to Tableau just fine. Not 100% sure what was going on under the hood. 

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BrennanH  @mcha54 @KovvuriRanadheer @gnelson 

Regarding the stuck at 62% problem, have any of you resolved it? 

What version of Designer are you using?

What version of the Publish to Tableau Server tool are you using? 

What version of Tableau Server are you writing to?

Do you use a Data Cleansing tool and does removing it make any difference?  

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BrennanH @mcha54 @KovvuriRanadheer @gnelson 

Does it make any difference if you uncheck the option to Save connection history?

Try unchecking Save connection history.png

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

I am also observing same issue where publish to tableau tool process doesn't make any progress beyond 63 %. After below message

Info: Publish to Tableau Server (20): The list of saved connections has been updated to include -- Server: https://tableau.xxxx / Site: xxx

Mostly this issue observed with high volume of data set (near about 33 M records). How we can troubleshoot this issue?

Labels