Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Issues with Google Sheet Tools

deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hello all!

I am sometimes receiving the below error when trying to append data to a Google Sheet via the Google Sheets output tool. When I don't receive this error, the Google Sheet Output semi-works. I say semi-works because the information does append, but it does not get appended to the proper column names. I could not find a pattern as to when this occurs.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

To provide more info:

• Alteryx has been updated to the newest version, 2021.3
  • I downloaded/installed the newest version of the Google Sheets Input Tool and Google Sheets Output Tool. I was previously using Version 1.1 of these tools.
  • Upon using the Google Sheets output tool, I used the "Optional OAuth2 Overrides" option.
  • I did receive an authorization granted page when I clicked on Connect.

Error Message.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @deepashah 

Are you still experiencing issues with the Google tools?

If so, can you please provide the full text of the error message (in text format.)

This will help the Community to better troubleshoot what could be causing the issue!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi Trevor, I hope you are doing well! Thank you for following up.

Yes, I am still experiencing these issues with the Google Sheets Output tool. Upon using other workflows, I noticed the Google Sheet Input tool is working properly, so these issues are only occurring with the Google Sheets Output tool.

Here is the full text of the error message, in a text format:

Error: Google Sheets Output (16): Tool #402: Error trying to publish spreadsheet: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Vary: Origin
Vary: X-Origin
Vary: Referer
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Content-Encoding: gzip
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:00:38 GMT
Server: ESF
Cache-Control: private
X-XSS-Protection: 0
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Alt-Svc: h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-T051=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000,quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="46,43"
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @deepashah 

It looks like this could be a URL issue based on the bad request error.
I found this help doc online that may assist you.
https://www.itpro.com/infrastructure/network-internet/359323/what-is-http-error-400-and-how-do-you-f...

Also, make sure that no one is using the output location when you try to run this workflow as that could cause the workflow to error as well.

If you are still encountering issues after attempting the above, I would recommend you open a ticket in the Case Portal and post the solution once our Support team has been able to help!

Thanks!

Community Moderator
deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi Trevor! I looked into that link you provided and am still encountering issues; I have submitted a case and will post the solution here when it is resolved so others who run into this error will know what to do! Thank you for your help and time with this, it's much appreciated.

AJT01
5 - Atom

Hi @deepashah did you manage to get this issue resolved? I appear to be having the some problem!

deepashah
7 - Meteor

Hi @AJT01! I submitted the below issues in a case, and Alteryx said they will let me know when a new version of the Google Sheet tools is released that resolves any of these errors. I'll post in here when I know that any of the 3 issues are resolved!

Issues reported:

1. When there are no results to append to the Google Sheet, the Google Sheet tool returns an error

2. New results are not going to the correct columns when the Alteryx columns do not match the Google Sheet columns exactly

3. New results are not being included in the Google Sheet filter

Carole_Trudel
5 - Atom

I get this error message and I don't understand why. Please help me!

Alteryx error.PNG

Labels