Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues to run the macro

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear community,

I would like to ask if anyone face any issues when running the macro . As previously when i run it , it works but now when i 

run it, it pop out error as below:

SH_94_0-1641998937240.png

May i know how to fix it normally cz it is weird that before it work but now it does not work.

THank you.

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi, I believe you are trying to read a temporary Excel file. You can check this if the file path starts with ~$. This file gets created when someone has the file opened in Excel. You can close those files or even insert a filter tool before the macro with the expression 

!StartsWith([FileName],"~$")

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @gabrielvilella ,

May i know why i can't see it via my local file folders but i can see it inside the alteryx?

I have two macro in one flow and is it the filter tool expression need to be put in front of both macro?

Thank you.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

By default, Windows Explorer does not display hidden files. If you want to see them you want to enable that option under the View tab

gabrielvilella_0-1642000605115.png

Labels