Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues in getting line chart in interactive chart tool

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

I am creating a dual axis chart using interactive chart tool. When I choose the chart type as "Scatter" the graph is displayed as below

MaliniLakshman_0-1587756926610.png

But When I try to convert it into line chart, instead of getting a smooth line, I am getting the line chart as below

MaliniLakshman_1-1587757109537.png

Am I missing any configuration here? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

are the values on your x-axis strings or numbers? Are you able to provide sample data?

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

X,Y1 and Y2  values are double. I am attaching the sample data. Thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

I was able to get this:

grossal_0-1587761573868.png

While checking your data points, I noticed that you have multiple Y1 / Y2 for the same X.

grossal_1-1587761624094.png

I added a categorical variable to it using the Multi-Row-Formula:

grossal_2-1587761649823.png

I was then able to split the data using the Transform-Options for both Layers in the Interactive Chart:

grossal_3-1587761697769.png

Full workflow looks like this:

grossal_4-1587761723137.png

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

Thanks for your quick response. I do have 2 categorical values in my data. I am using that variables as 'group by' variables  in 'batch' and create separate graphs for those. 

I downloaded your workflow and checked it. I did exactly the same except the batch. Still I am not getting the graphs correctly.

I couldn't use split as I have to use 2 categorical variables to split my data. I will upload my workflow soon for your reference.

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

I am attaching the packaged workflow for your reference. Thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

I'd work my way around this with a Top-Level category combining both, but I am not sure if this still matches the wanted output.

ToString([Cat 1]) + '_' + ToString([Cat 2])

grossal_0-1588007611316.png

The output gives me 14 individual graphs, that all have clean line graphs, but I can't tell if the output matches your expectations.

grossal_1-1588007681726.png

I'll attach the workflow and a PDF with all generated graphs. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

It worked. Thank you so much.

I didn't combine the categorical variable but I sort X in ascending order. That did the trick and I am getting the graphs perfectly now. 

Labels