Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues in getting line chart in interactive chart tool

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

I am creating a dual axis chart using interactive chart tool. When I choose the chart type as "Scatter" the graph is displayed as below

MaliniLakshman_0-1587756926610.png

But When I try to convert it into line chart, instead of getting a smooth line, I am getting the line chart as below

MaliniLakshman_1-1587757109537.png

Am I missing any configuration here? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

are the values on your x-axis strings or numbers? Are you able to provide sample data?

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

X,Y1 and Y2  values are double. I am attaching the sample data. Thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

I was able to get this:

grossal_0-1587761573868.png

While checking your data points, I noticed that you have multiple Y1 / Y2 for the same X.

grossal_1-1587761624094.png

I added a categorical variable to it using the Multi-Row-Formula:

grossal_2-1587761649823.png

I was then able to split the data using the Transform-Options for both Layers in the Interactive Chart:

grossal_3-1587761697769.png

Full workflow looks like this:

grossal_4-1587761723137.png

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

Thanks for your quick response. I do have 2 categorical values in my data. I am using that variables as 'group by' variables  in 'batch' and create separate graphs for those. 

I downloaded your workflow and checked it. I did exactly the same except the batch. Still I am not getting the graphs correctly.

I couldn't use split as I have to use 2 categorical variables to split my data. I will upload my workflow soon for your reference.

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

I am attaching the packaged workflow for your reference. Thanks

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MaliniLakshman,

I'd work my way around this with a Top-Level category combining both, but I am not sure if this still matches the wanted output.

ToString([Cat 1]) + '_' + ToString([Cat 2])

grossal_0-1588007611316.png

The output gives me 14 individual graphs, that all have clean line graphs, but I can't tell if the output matches your expectations.

grossal_1-1588007681726.png

I'll attach the workflow and a PDF with all generated graphs. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

MaliniLakshman
7 - Meteor

Hi @grossal 

It worked. Thank you so much.

I didn't combine the categorical variable but I sort X in ascending order. That did the trick and I am getting the graphs perfectly now. 

Labels