This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now
1 Day Left! - The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a few hours due to implementation of the new SSO experience starting tomorrow at 5pm MDT. Please plan accordingly. For more information, read the blog.
Everytime I run a workflow and want to output the data as a Tableau Extract it says it's finished running and exports a 30kb Tableau Extract that cannot be opened (it's much smaller than it should be). Does anyone know why this is and whether there's a workaround?
I've tried outputting my workflow as an Alteryx DB and then outputting straight from that to a Tableau and I get the same result.
Hi Andrew I used Alteryx to read in SQL DB data containing these non-English characters and create a TDE & XLS : - months ago on v8* (which was fine) and - in December on 184.108.40.206438 (which was not correct). The Dec outputs were created and opened fine but the fields with foreign characters have odd-looking characters instead of the character that should have been there (eg Ö).
I got the problem when I input from SQL Server DB but not when I input from an xls version of the data, so this might be a work around for you.
The Alteryx version 220.127.116.11276 still had issues going directly to a tde when using certain Unicode characters (the non-english letters). I have not tested the more recent versions. If you are on the most recent version and still have the problem then you may wish to raise it with client services and the product team
Mike Akey from Client Services actually found a fix for this & let me know on 7 March:
If you change the field type to a V_WString, your non English character will output to tableau correctly directly from Alteryx. Not sure if this has always been the case or if it is a fix in the latest version, but there is a solution!
This is a hit and trial solution. Product team should take it seriously and publish a permanent fix. Alteryx logs say all the records have been written successfully, whereas we get a 30kb TDE.....its verrrryyyy frusssssttttaatttinggggg!!!!