community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Issue with read uncommitted creating duplicate records

Meteoroid

Hello

I'm hoping the community can help me!

We are downloading tables using an OleDB connection and read-uncommitted. It seems that during the read Alteryx is producing duplicates, after analysis I am nearly 100% sure this is because of uncommitted reads. I have read a stack-overflow article that suggests it might be creating duplicates when a page split occurs (see link below). The post suggests SQL SNAPSHOTs as a solution but this isn't viable for us as it will greatly affect performance. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2471055/why-use-a-read-uncommitted-isolation-level

Does anyone have a work-around which deals with this issue in Alteryx please?

Thank you 

Laura

Nebula
Nebula

Hi @LauraMendes 

Is there a specific reason why you're using read uncommitted?

Dan

Meteoroid

Hi Dan

Thanks for this – Yes, we have to use read uncommitted as the database is being used by various people and systems so we cannot lock it while the Alteryx reads the data

Laura

Nebula
Nebula

hi @LauraMendes 

Do you use uncommitted reads in the database(stored procedures, etc) as well?  If so, how do you deal with it there?  Can you replicate this in Alteryx?

Dan

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hi Dan

We don’t use stored procedures to read data from the database – Alteryx is the tool we are using to do this so we don’t have a current way of dealing with this.

Thank you
Laura

Labels