community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Issue with one of the questions on the Core Certification exam

Asteroid

At Inspire 2018 last week, I took the Core Certification Prep course as well as the exam.

For those who are wondering -  my machine froze for about 20 minutes just after halfway through the 2 hours...

I finished with about 20 seconds left, not enough time to go back and review the questions I purposely skipped or guessed at with the intention of going back... about 10 in total that I planned to revisit.

I scored 79.6!  Grrrr.... so close.

In any case, I am taking it again this afternoon... wish me luck!

Back to the point: during the prep a sample test question was discussed in which the question was about where the output .yxdb file will be written when the path is defined as:

.\filename.yxdb

It was stated that:

1 - if the workflow is not yet saved, then attempting to run it will result in an error with this path\file setting.

2 - otherwise, it will save in the same folder as the workflow is saved in

Item 1 is not correct. When I built a workflow to test this, when I ran it prior to saving it there was no error message and the output file was saved in the Alteryx Bin folder:

noterror.jpg

The available answers should reflect this (multiple answers), or a clarification added to the question to indicate workflow save status.

Regards.

Quasar

Hi,

Good luck! Let us know how you fared.

I suspect that you would be best to post a comment to the Support folks so they can get this to the right people to fix the exam.

Cheers,

Iain

Asteroid

Great, will do - thanks!

I passed!

Before, I was certifiable... Now I'm certified! Lol

Quasar

Congratulations!

Atom

Hi!

I'm working on the core certification exam, I have gotten a 79% and 79.2% I have a few questions on the exam can I ask you your opinions on a few questions over email? My email is bethbeit@buffalo.edu

Thank you in advance if you can help!!!!

Asteroid

Hi!

Not a problem. I'll reach out to you shortly at the address provided from my email.

Talk to you soon.

:-)

How do you suggest right answer to your own question - Where will unsaved file get saved in this case?

Highlighted
Atom

Hi Beth!

I too am stuck at 78 and 78.5%. I am assuming you cleared the exam since its been a while since you posted this message. If you have time to spare kindly guide me! I am dropping a mail with the ID: sarvleen@buffalo.edu

Labels