Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with importing .xlsb file

sumitgupta591
5 - Atom

Hi, I am unable to import a particular file with ".xlsb" extension. However, if I import another file with same extension it gets imported without any error. Below is the error screenshot I am getting: 

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance !

5 REPLIES 5
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sumitgupta591 

The error comes from the MS Access Database Engine which is the driver we use to read in Excel binary files and could suggest something is corrupted within the file. Sometimes that error occurs when the file is created as an export from a third-party program like an accounting system. These files can contain minor inconsistencies in their XML schema resulting in the error.

Could you open the file in Excel, save it as xlsx and try opening it in again?

sumitgupta591
5 - Atom

Is there any way I can deal with .xlsb file since I do not want to use .xlsx version file (due to large size issue)?

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Downloading and installing "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255  will allow you to use .xlsb directly.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Aguisande ,

this post helped me give NJ the help she needs.  

thanks,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks Mark!

Labels